- About the course (also in pdf).
- The Course text, also in PDF.
- Chapter 0: Preliminaries (also PDF)
- Chapter 1: Curve Fitting (also PDF)
- Chapter 2: A Glider Model (also PDF)
- You can download maple for Windows, MacOS, Linux, and Solaris from softweb. You can also use Maple at any SINC site, or via the Virtual SINC site.
- There is a discussion board for this class
- Maple Worksheets from each class are here.
- Holly Chen has prepared several maple worksheets here which are a useful source of many things.
- All problems (PDF).
- Additional data files and so on are here.
- First set (PDF) (problems expire 2/2 & 2/9)
- Second set (PDF) (expires 2/17, 2/21)
- Third set (PDF) (expires 2/28)
- Fourth set (PDF) (expires 3/1, 3/8)
- Fifth set (PDF) (expires 3/15)
- Sixth set (Holly's) (PDF) (expires 4/20, 4/27),
- Optional problems (PDF) (expires 5/10),
- To hand in an exercise, please use this page.
- Project 1(pdf)
and the associated data files. There is a
data file for each student, named by NetID.
Don't forget to explain what you are doing quite clearly. This counts as much as getting the correct answers.
You have two choices for Project 2, either a
qualitative study of a motorized glider,
or several quantitative questions about the
unpowered glider. Either is due on April 26.
Should you choose to do the motorized glider project, you might want to look at my analysis of the case k=0.9, which is available as either a maple worksheet(right click). Feel free to crib whatever you want from it. Since the other project is more straightforward, you're on your own.
- Project 3(pdf) (due 5/10) concerns using Newton's method for a system of several nonlinear equations in several unkowns.
- To hand in your project, use the exercise submission page.
More stuff will arrive here when there is more to put here. Until then, this page will remain the same, unless it changes.
Last change made on Saturday, 5 May 2012 at 06:09 PM.
- Project 1(pdf) (due 3/5), and the associated data files. There is a data file for each student, named by NetID.