- Course Description
(also in PDF for your printing pleasure.)
describes the text, grading policies, and other administrivia. Last updated on .
- The class meets MWF from 11:45-12:40 in Physics P-116.
- There is a discussion board at Piazza for asking (and answering) questions related to the class. (I know I somehow set up the course as spring 2011, but so what?).
HomeworksThe First Homework is due on Wednesday, Sept. 14.
The Second Homework is due on Wednesday, Sept. 21.
The Third Homework is due on Wednesday, Sept. 28.
The Fourth Homework is due on Wednesday, Oct. 5.
The Fifth Homework is due on Wednesday, Oct. 19.
By Friday, Oct 21, submit a problem for inclusion on the midterm.
The Final Homework is due by Tuesday, Dec. 13.
MidtermThe midterm will be held during class time on Monday, October 31. Here are some problems suggested by students. I will use at least one of these problems on the midterm.
In case you want to savor the good times, here is a copy of the midterm (with the typo corrected), and the solutions.
Notes and stuffThe class notes have moved here.
- Hitler has trouble with topology.
- A Klein Bottle.
- A Möbius story: Wind and Mr. Ug, and an attempt to make a Möbius steak.
- The Hopf fibration of the three sphere. Turning a 2-sphere inside out.