- About the course (also in pdf).
- My office hours are listed here. However, other times are OK too; send an email or ask me. I am around most days, but always have scattered commitments.
- The Course text, also in PDF.
- Chapter 0: Preliminaries (also PDF)
- Chapter 1: Curve Fitting (also PDF)
- Chapter 3: Cryptography (also PDF)
- Chapter 2: A Glider Model (also PDF)
- Chapter 4: Turtles and Fractals (also PDF)
- You can download maple for Windows, MacOS, Linux, and Solaris from softweb. You can also use Maple at any SINC site, or via the Virtual SINC site.
- There is a discussion board for this class
- Maple Worksheets from each class are here.
- You might find it useful to read about loading a file from the web into maple.
- All problems (PDF).
- First set (PDF) (problems expire 2/6 & 2/13)
- Second set (PDF) (expires 2/20)
- Third set (PDF) (expires 2/27)
- Fourth set (PDF) (expires 3/4)
- Fifth set (PDF) (expires 3/6)
- Sixth set (PDF) (expires 3/13),
- Seventh set (PDF) (expires 3/27),
- Eighth set (PDF) (expires 4/3),
- Ninth set (PDF) (expires 4/10),
- Tenth (PDF) and Eleventh sets (PDF) (both expires 4/17),
- Twelfth set (PDF) (expires 4/24),
- Thirteenth set (PDF) (expires 5/04),
- To hand in an exercise, please use this page.
- Project 1(pdf)
and the associated data files. There is a
data file for each student, named by NetID.
Don't forget to explain what you are doing quite clearly. This counts as much as getting the correct answers.
- Project 2(pdf) (due 4/29) is on encryption.
- Project 3 (due 5/16) is a qualitative study of a motorized glider, You might want to look at my analysis of the case k=0.9, which is available as either a pdf file or a maple worksheet. Feel free to crib whatever you want from it.
- To hand in your project, use the exercise submission page.
More stuff will arrive here when there is more to put here. Until then, this page will remain the same, unless it changes.