Welcome to MAT 200
This course offers an introduction to mathematical
reasoning and proofs. It is intended as a bridge between
the loose, heuristic approach often used to teach elementary calculus,
and the precise, formal style needed for
upper-division mathematics courses.
For more information, please select General information link in the menu to the left.
- Grades have been posted to Solar. Have a great summer!
- Practice final has been posted.
Solutions will be posted by Monday.
- Final exam info: final exam will be given on Tu, May 10, at 8:30 pm, in our regular room.
It will be open book; details will be announced in class today.
A practice exam will be posted tomorrow (Th).
A review session will be held on Monday, May 9, at 1-2:30pm, in Harriman Hall, rm. 111.
- Homework 11 has been assigned.
- Homework 10 has been assigned.
- Homework 8 has been assigned - sorry for delay.
- Homework 7 has been assigned.
- Solutions of practice midterm have been posted.
- Practice midterm has been posted.
- Midterm will be given next Wed, 3/9, in class. It will over all material
we have studied so far. The class on Monday will be a review.
During the exam, you will be allowed to use the following handout
with the summary of most important logic laws: handout.
- Homework 5 has been assigned.
- Homework 4 has been assigned.
- Since the class on Monday was canceled, due date for HW2 was moved to Monday, Feb 15.
Hw 3 will be assigned on Wed, Feb 17.
- Homework 2 has been assigned.