- Course Description
(also in PDF
for your printing pleasure.)
describes the text, grading policies, and other administrivia. Last updated on Aug 29 2014, 4:36pm
- There is a discussion board for the course on Piazza. This only works well if you actually post questions and discuss things.
Schedule, Homeworks, and Grades
- Schedule and homework assignments. (last updated Dec 07 2014, 7:07pm )
- The first midterm was on Oct. 8; Here are the solutions.
- The second midterm was on Nov. 12; Here are the solutions.
Other useful (or not) things
- Suggestions for writing proofs.
- A discussion of various sets of axioms for the foundations of geometry, including those of Euclid, Hilbert, Birkhoff, and the SMSG (School Mathematics Study Group) collection of axioms, which is the set we will use.
- An interactive version of Euclid's Elements.
- You should spend some time with Euclid: the game.
- Geogebra is a very nice (and free) software package for doing geometry, which you can either use online or download.