MAT 131: Calculus I
- Course Description
- Meeting times for each section
- Schedule and homework
- Project 1: Modelling the population
of kafit birds in the Boomchalaka game preserve.
A solution to the project is
available. The solution is also available in
PostScript or PDF,
which prints out nicer if you have appropriate software installed.
- Exam 1: Monday, October 19. 8:30pm - 10:00pm.
Covers all material through section 3.2 in the text.
- Exam 2: Tuesday, November 17. 8:30pm - 10:00pm.
Covers material through section 4.3 in the text, as well as sections 4.6 and 4.8.
- Optional Project: Newton's
Method, for extra credit.
- Final Exam: Thursday, December 17. 7:00pm - 10:00pm.
Covers all the material in chapters 1-5 of the text, except section 4.5.
- The exam will be held at various
locations on campus, depending on your section. This location is
not the same as the other exams.
- Ben Weinberg will be holding a review session on Tuesday,
December 15 from 2pm to 3:30pm in room P-131 of the math tower.
Please come armed with plenty of questions to ask.
Bill Bernhard will hold another review session on Wednesday,
December 16 from 3:45-5:15pm in Javits 103.
- A collection of problems (some might call this a
sample final exam) to help you review for
the final is available. As usual, this is also available as
You should also make sure that you know how to do the problems on the
midterms and on the other practice exams.
- Solutions to the sample
problems are here now, and also as