Announcements are listed in reverse choronological order: most recent announcement at the top.
- The final exam is now graded. The test grades and the course grades are in the
Blackboard (the course grades are also in the Solar).
- Exam Stats: the median was 55, highest score 94. Three people got scores above 90.
In general, if your score is 85 or above, you did really very well. People with scores
30 and below have failed the exam.
- Solutions to homework 12 is posted.
- Review materials for the exam are posted.
- Solutions to homeworks 10 and 11 are posted.
- Homework 12 is posted.
- Homework 11 is posted.
- Homework 10 is posted.
- The exam is now graded, the grades are in the Blackboard. The median was 37.5. Exam
solutions are posted.
- Solutions to homework 9 are posted.
- Solutions to homework 8 are posted.
- There will be no office hours on Monday (I'm out of town).
Please go to the recitation and Josh's office hours; you can also consult
me by email.
- Practice questions for the test are posted.
- Solutions to homeworks 6 and 7 are posted.
- The second exam will be on Thursday, March 29.
- Homework 9 is posted.
- Homework 8 is posted.
- The list of projects is posted. Please review
them, form groups, and let me know your group's list and choice of project by March
- Homework 7 is posted.
- Exam solutions are posted.
- The exam is now graded and will be returned on Tuesday. The grades are available in
the Blackboard. The median score was 46.
- Homework 6 is posted.
- Solutions to Homework 5 are posted.
- Solutions to Homework 4 are posted.
- Solutions to Homework 3 are posted.
- These solutions are now corrected (there was an inconsistency
in question 3).
- Some practice questions for the exam are here.
- Office hours will be held on Monday as usual.
- The exam will be on Thursday, March 1.
- Homework 5 is posted.
- Although I previously announced that the exam will be on February 27 (Tuesday),
I would like to move it to March 1 (Thursday). This way, solutions to Homework 5
(due on the 27th) will be available before the exam. Let me know ASAP if the change
of date causes a serious conflict.
- Solutions to Homework 2 are posted.
- Homework 4 is posted.
- There was a typo in Homework 3 (the formula for a disk centered at
an arbitrary point was incorrect). The typo is now corrected.
- Solutions to Homework 1 are posted.
- Homework 3 is posted.
- The date of Midterm 1 is now set.
- Here's a recitation handout about sets, functions and
induction, prepared by Josh.
- Homework 2 is posted.
- Homework 1 is posted.