- Course Description
(also in PDF
for your printing pleasure.)
describes the text, grading policies, and other administrivia. Last updated on Saturday, 9 September 2006 at 05:28 PM.
- There are two lectures of MAT200 this term. While the two courses won't be identical, we will try to cover the same material at about the same time. You might want to attend both sometimes, so here is where they meet.
Schedule, Homeworks, and Grades
- Schedule and homework assignments. (last updated Sunday, 17 December 2006 at 05:18 PM.)
- Sixty Logic Problems from Lewis Caroll's Symbolic Logic.
- You might enjoy reading Welcome to the Hotel Infinity (also in PDF) related to our discussion of cardinality (and inspired by Hilbert's "Grand Hotel" idea).
- We will spend several weeks using the Notes on Geometry written by Stony Brook faculty for this course. These may be revised slightly as we use them.
- You might find it interesting to look at a java-enhanced version of Euclid's Elements.