- Course Description
(also in PDF
for your printing pleasure.)
describes the text, grading policies, and other administrivia. Last updated on .
Schedule, Homeworks, and Grades
- Schedule and homework assignments. (last updated .)
Exams and similar dreadful ugliesThere will be two midterms and a final, each of which count for a significant part of your final grade.
- The first midterm will be on Monday, October 18 during classtime. Here is some more information. (Includes a copy of the exam, solutions and grade distribution.)
- The second midterm will be on Wednesday, November 17 during classtime. Here is some more information, including last year's midterm. (updated on 11/16).
- The final will be in two parts: part 1 will be in class on Wednesday, December 8, and part 2 on Monday, December 13 at 11:15am. It will be cumulative. Further information can be found here.
Supplemental MaterialHere is a PDF file with some corrections to known errors in the text. If you find other errors, let me know and I will inform the author.
Below are two other texts that are worth reading for alternative expositions. I've put a copy of each on reserve in the Math/Physics Library, as well as a copy of the course textbook.
- Calculus, by Michael Spivak
- Calculus, volume 1, by Tom Apostol