Schedule and LocationThe workshop will be held at the Fiesta Americana Condesa hotel in Cancún, México, between May 27 and June 4, 2016.
The first two days (May 28 and 29) will consist of minicourses on the topics of Teichmüller theory, foliations, Thurston's classification of rational maps, and quasi-conformal surgery. The minicourses will be followed by a five-day conference presenting current research (May 30-June 3).
There is limited space at the workshop, so interested participants should register their interest as soon as possible. While we anticipate being able to provide meals and lodging for all participants and speakers, funds to offset travel expenses are very limited.
- Eric Bedford, Stony Brook University
- Gamaliel Blé, Universidad Juárez Autónoma de Tabasco
- Xavier Buff, Institut de Mathématiques de Toulouse
- Carlos Cabrera, Instituto de Matemáticas UNAM, Unidad Cuernavaca
- Arnaud Chéritat, Bordeaux University
- Adam Epstein, Warwick University
- Núria Fagella, Universitat de Barcelona
- Xavier Gómez-Mont, Centro de Investigación en Matemáticas
- John Hubbard, Cornell University
- Jan Kiwi, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile
- Sarah Koch, University of Michigan
- Misha Lyubich, Stony Brook University
- Curt McMullen*, Harvard University
- Rodrigo Pérez, Indiana-University-Purdue University Indianapolis
- Pascale Roesch, Centre de Mathématiques et Informatique in Marseille
- Mitsuhiro Shishikura, Kyoto University
- Nikita Selinger, University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Dennis Sullivan, Stony Brook University
- Alberto Verjovsky, Instituto de Matemáticas UNAM, Unidad Cuernavaca
- Michael Yampolsky, University of Toronto
- Saeed Zakeri, Queens College/Graduate Center CUNY
Support and Organizing CommitteeSupport for this workshop is being provided by the Stony Brook Institute for Mathematical Sciences, the Simons Foundation, the Instituto de Matemáticas - UNAM, and the Pacific Institute for the Mathematical Sciences.
The organizing committee consists of
Araceli Bonifant (University of Rhode Island),
Carlos Cabrera (IMATE-UNAM, Cuernavaca),
José Seade (IMATE-UNAM, Mexico City), and
Scott Sutherland (Stony Brook University).
To contact us, please send an email to jackfest at math.stonybrook.edu.