- Course Description
(also in PDF
for your printing pleasure.)
describes the text, grading policies, and other administrivia. Last updated on .
- There is a discussion board at Piazza for asking (and answering) questions related to the class.
Schedule, Homeworks, and Grades
- Schedule and homework assignments. (last updated .)
Exams and similar dreadful ugliesThere will be two midterms and a final, each of which count for a significant part of your final grade.
- The first midterm will be on October 10 during classtime. Here is some more information, including old exams and their solutions, as well as a copy of the exam iteself and the solutions.
- The second midterm will be November 19 during classtime. Here is some more information, including old midterms.
- The final is on Monday, December 17 at 8:00 am. It will be cumulative.
Supplemental MaterialHere is a PDF file with some corrections to known errors in the text. If you find other errors, let me know and I will inform the author.
Below are two other texts that are worth reading for alternative expositions. I've put a copy of each on reserve in the Math/Physics Library, as well as a copy of the course textbook.
- Calculus, by Michael Spivak
- Calculus, volume 1, by Tom Apostol