- Is MAT 125 a key gateway course for your major?
- Do you wonder how calculus is relevant to modern biological and biomedical sciences?
- Would some extra organized support improve your chances for success in MAT 125?
If you want to learn more about this new program please join us for an information session in the seminar room in the basement of the Life Sciences Building (LS 038) at one of the following times:
- Tuesday, 2/3 @ 10:30 AM
- Tuesday, 2/3 @ 4:30 PM
- Wednesday, 2/4 @ 1:00 PM
- Thursday, 2/5 @ 1:30 PM
Here is a flyer about the BioMath SI program. For further information, go to one the sessions.
Participation is entirely optional -- the course instructors don't know which students are participating.
Attendance at the information sessions is not required (but strongly encourgaged) to sign up. Deadline to sign up is Monday, February 9, 2015 at 4pm; accepted students will be notified by February 11. The registration form is at http://goo.gl/KADePM.
Here is a brief summary of things from the information session, just in case you can't make it to one:
- The Program is not just for Biology students - anyone who would like some extra assistance is welcome.
- SI sessions will be weekly, Thursdays from 4:00-5:30 or Fridays 1:00-2:30.
- Participants will be assigned to one section and expected to attend every week.
- Students do not register for any additional credits, and also do not have to pay anything.
- Sessions will be led by SBU undergraduates who have received training in how to help students learn.
If this sounds good to you, you should register.