- Course Description
(also in PDF
for your printing pleasure.)
describes the text, grading policies, and other administrivia. Last updated on Aug 26 2013, 3:22pm
Schedule, Homeworks, and Grades
- Schedule and homework assignments. (last updated Nov 25 2013, 2:21pm )
- Video recordings
of each lecture arrive a few days after
the lecture occurs, as I am able to process them for posting.
(latest recording: 2013-12-04 - Green, Gauss, and Stokes thm)
- The first midterm will be on Wednesday, October 2 (during class) and will cover material from chapters 1, 2, and 4. Information about the exam, including sample exams (and solutions), can be found here. Also includes the exam itself, and the solutions. Grade distributions will appear over the weekend.
- The second midterm will be in Wednesday, November 2 (during
classtime) and will cover material from chapters 5, 6 and a bit of 7.
Information about the exam, including grade distributions can be found here.
- The final will be 8:30pm on Tuesday, December 10
in Javits 105 (not the usual room) and will be
cumulative, with an emphasis on material since the second midterm.
More information can be found here.
Supplemental MaterialYou might find this nice 3D graphing applet useful.
Some downloadable supplemental texts and resources covering the subject.
- Calculus in 3D: Geometry, Vectors, and Multivariate Calculus, by Zbigniew Nitecki. in preparation (2012).
- Vector Calculus, by Michael Corral (2010).