- Course Description
(also in PDF for your printing pleasure.)
describes the text, grading policies, and other administrivia. Last updated on .
- Meeting times and locations of lectures and recitations.
- Teaching staff, with contact information and office hours.
Schedule, Homeworks, and Grades
- Schedule and homework assignments. (last updated .)
- This semester, we are using a web grading system to do some of the homework problems online. Please read this note about using the homework system.
- Midterm 1: Monday, February 19 at 8:30pm. See here for more information, including the solutions to the exam(s).
- Midterm 2: Tuesday, March 20 at 8:30pm. See here for more information, including the solutions to the exam(s).
- Final: Monday, May 14 at 2:00pm in the Gym.
Note that you can bring a sheet of notes to the exam. See here for more information. (Updated )
There will be a problem/review session in Harriman 137 on Tuesday, May 8, from 11-1pm
- A Fable: Maluva and Alissi. The Story of Two Newcomers to the Town of Calculus.
- A kind of calculus that this course is not about. Don't be fooled by imitations. Accept only the genuine article.
- Some calculus-related animations and Java applets
- The number e.
- An applet to graph functions.
- Average rates of change, secant lines, and tangent lines.
- Let's go derivative surfing!
- A bouncing ball, together with its height and velocity as a function of time.
- An applet illustrating Newton's Method and another one.