MAT 544. Real analysis I.
- Instructor: Raanan Schul
- Office: Math 4-102.
- Office hours: After class and by appointment
- Grader: Long Li
- Class: Tuesday, Thursday 10:00-11:20 pm in Physics P117
- Gerald B. Folland, Real analysis: modern techniques and their applications, 2nd ed.
Lynn H. Loomis, Shlomo Sternberg, Advanced calculus.
(PDF available for free at Sternberg's webpage)
- Homework will be assigned HERE. It will be assigned from the books above.
- Recomended reading is HERE. It will be assigned from the books above.
- Grades: 20% HW; 30% midterm; 50% Final.
The midterm will be in class on Tuesday,
October 23rd. The final will be On Dec. 14, 11:15-1:45.
- Material: will be a subset of what appears as Real Analysis I and Real Analysis II in the listing
Graduate core courses. (The complement will be given in the second semester)
- Midterm: Tuesday october 23, in class. Material: Up to, and including, section 2.4 in Folland.
- Final: Friday, December 14, 11:15-1:45. in our usual classroom. The material is chapters 1,2,3 in Folland.
- ADDED OFFICE HOURS: Tuesday the 11 and Thursday the 13 of December, 10am-12.