Instructor: Ljudmila Kamenova
Office: Math Tower 3-115
Office hours: drop by my office anytime or send an e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hyper-Kahler manifolds are (compact) simply connected manifolds with trivial first Chern class which admit an everywhere non-degenerate two-form. In complex dimension 2 hyper-Kahler surfaces are K3 surfaces. Properties and deformations of K3 surfaces are very well studied. Some of the properties can be generalized to higher dimensional hyper-Kahler manifolds.
1. Generalities on complex compact surfaces.
2. K3 surfaces. Kummer surfaces. Local and global Torelli theorems.
3. Tian-Todorov's theorem on unobstructedness of the moduli space of Calabi-Yau manifolds.
4. Basic results and examples of hyper-Kahler manifolds.
5. Local Torelli theorem. A counter-example of a global Torelli theorem.
6. Finiteness results for hyper-Kahler manifolds.
7. Fibrations and integrable systems. Markushevich's theorem. Matsushita-Hwang theorem.
Stony Brook University expects students to maintain standards of personal integrity that are in harmony with the educational goals of the institution; to observe national, state, and local laws as well as University regulations; and to respect the rights, privileges, and property of other people. Faculty must notify the Office of Judicial Affairs of any disruptive behavior that interferes with their ability to teach, compromises the safety of the learning environment, or inhibits students' ability to learn.
DSS advisory. If you have a physical, psychiatric, medical, or learning disability that may affect your ability to carry out the assigned course work, please contact the office of Disabled Student Services (DSS), Humanities Building, room 133, telephone 632-6748/TDD. DSS will review your concerns and determine what accommodations may be necessary and appropriate. All information regarding any disability will be treated as strictly confidential.
Students who might require special evacuation procedures in the event of an emergency are urged to discuss their needs with both the instructor and DSS. For important related information, click here.