Welcome to the course website for MAT 123: Introduction to Calculus. Please check this website frequently, especially the announcements below and the course schedule availble on the schedule and homework page. These sections will be updated frequently throughout the course. Use the navigation bar above to access other important information about the course.
All course announcements will be posted here.
- July 3 - Solutions to the final exam have been posted to the Exams page. The final has been graded. Grades for the final exam and overall course grades have been posted to Blackboard. Course grades will be submitted to the registrar over the weekend.
- June 29 - The solutions to the sample final are posted, along with a practice sheet about limits.
- June 26 - The original Paper Homework 9 assignment sheet has a typo in question 7. The corrected version is now posted.
- June 25 - The topics list for the final and a sample final have been posted to the Exams page. Solutions to the sample final will be posted to the website over the weekend.
- June 24 - Homework 9 is now available on WebAssign. Please also complete the paper supplement to homework 9, available here. Study materials for the final exam will be posted over the next few days.
- June 22 - The schedule has been updated and solutions to Quiz 6 have been posted. Also, make sure you know all of the trig identities listed on this sheet.
- June 17 - The homework due 6/22 includes a paper supplement in addition to the usual WebAssign homework. Print this page and follow the instructions on it.
- June 15 - The Schedule has been updated to include more suggested homework problems. The Exams page has also been updated with some important information about estimated grades.
- June 12 - Solutions to the midterm exam are posted on the Exams page.
- June 10 - The schedule has ben update with suggested homework to accompany today's lecture. Also, if you'd like to learn more about how thinking logarithmically may be innate, you could try listening to this episode of Radiolab, or reading this news article.
- June 8, later - Some more practice problems to prepare for the midterm have been added to the Homework page.
- June 8 - Solutions to the sample midterm have been posted to the Exams page. The sample midterm and midterm topics list have also been updated to remove some topics that we weren't able to cover in class today. The Homework page also lists some practice problems you to help you review exponential and logarithm functions in preparation for the midterm, including a graphing practice sheet. There is no WebAssign homework due this week - study for the midterm instead.
- June 5 - A sample midterm has been posted to the exams section. Solutions to the sample midterm will be posted later in the weekend - you should attempt the sample midterm without looking at the solutions. Also, there WILL NOT be a quiz during class on Monday, June 8. We'll use that extra time to catch up on some material we need to cover.
- June 4 - A list of topics for the Midterm is available on the Exams page, while suggested review problems for each section are on the Homework page. A sample midterm will be posted to the website tomorrow.
- June 1 - Course schedule is updated to reflect changes, and solutions to Quizzes 1, 2 have been posted.
- May 15 - Course Website Available